Norway Has Noir; Just Ask Jo …
“Jo Nesbo, the Norwegian writer of crime thrillers, is already being called the next Stieg Larsson. The comparison is a little premature: Mr. Nesbo, who has sold some 14 million books worldwide, is a household name in Europe, but in this country, even though Martin Scorsese recently announced plans to film Mr. Nesbo’s 2007 novel, “The Snowman,” his reputation is not yet Larssonesque…”
Read more in The New York Times.
I like him SO much better than Stieg Larsson. I’ve read Redbreast and The Snowman and recommend both for mystery/thriller/crime lovers.
I have a draft of a link to this article. Now I can just reblog. I haven’t read Larsson yet. I think there was too much talking about it for me and then the movie came out and it was just too much (I’ll read them sometime). Then I ran into Nesbo and I love his books. I’ve listened to Redbreast, Nemesis and Devil’s Star (there’s a story arc that goes on in all 3) on audio and I have The Redeemer on the way. It’s not on audio or Kindle so I got the paperback on Amazon.
- isay likes this
- pseudobabbler likes this
- citylightscomebackinjune likes this
- bookaddictkatie reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks
- ideleteme likes this
- amalina-ghazali likes this
- whimsicalworldofme likes this
- littlepieceofabigsoul reblogged this from hikergirl and added:
- hughbot likes this
- hikergirl reblogged this from mardallie and added:
- suitep likes this
- mydeadparents likes this
- nom-de-fume likes this
- mardallie reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks and added:
- vintageanchorbooks posted this