I keep looking at lists of doctors that are in my network and close by, trying to do some research and I still haven’t figured out where I want to go. Also, do I want someone who does Family Practice or someone who in in Internal Medicine? I found someone who was around my age, a woman, she trained in India and here and the clinic is close by my house. She just sent off a good vibe for me but she had Internal Medicine and Cardiology as specialties. Do they look at regular patients too?
This is probably why I haven’t gone. How do you choose?
- matthewgallaway likes this
- brownhoundeyes likes this
- shanaynay likes this
- jmp0 likes this
- ackb likes this
- wooliebear likes this
- wooliebear said: I agree, boom, just pull the trigger and go. The internist sounds good! Just pick up the phone and call. I know it’s hard but you can do it. You’ll feel better after you make an appointment.
- blissandzen likes this
- ideleteme likes this
- rototudor said: wouldn’t hurt to ask. Cardiologists are BC in IM before cards, but usually just handle the heart stuff and might be out of practice in the general FP stuff. But she could always refer you, if she wasn’t doing primary care.
- thisismymonkey likes this
- notentirely said: sounds like your internal med person is a good bet to start. don’t hesitate to swap out if you find you’re not clicking. it’s your health, you need to be comfortable with the person at the other end of the stethoscope.
- hughbot likes this
- amomenttothink said: I prefer internal medicine
- nursewithtattoos said: You take a shot in the dark. You will find a good one.
- bardowlatry likes this
- hikergirl posted this